Rain gutters and downspouts are designed to channel rainwater away from the home and its foundation. If they’re blocked with leaves, dirt and other debris, they can lead to:
- Falling gutters. When gutters are overloaded with debris, water or subsequent ice, they can pull away from the house and fall.
- Flooding. Water that’s prevented from flowing properly down the spout may spill over the sides, drain toward a basement or foundation and increase the risk of basement flooding.
- Cracked foundation. Cracks may form if water spills over the sides of clogged rain gutters, seeps into the foundation and freezes.
- Wood rot. Ice dams occur when water freezes inside clogged gutters. The ice can push against the roof and walls, and increase the threat of mildew or rot.
- Staining. Water that spills over the sides of clogged gutters can discolor exterior siding.
Text or email anytime (901) 336-7359 email@example.com
Our service area includes Memphis TN. Germantown, Collierville, Cordova, Bartlett, Arlington, Lakeland, Eads, Millington, Oakland, Olive Branch MS. Southaven, and Horn Lake, MS.