Rain gutters and downspouts are designed to channel rainwater away from the home and its foundation. If they’re blocked with leaves, dirt and other debris, they can lead to:
- Falling gutters. When gutters are overloaded with debris, water or subsequent ice, they can pull away from the house and fall.
- Flooding. Water that’s prevented from flowing properly down the spout may spill over the sides, drain toward a basement or foundation and increase the risk of basement flooding.
- Cracked foundation. Cracks may form if water spills over the sides of clogged rain gutters, seeps into the foundation and freezes.
- Wood rot. Ice dams occur when water freezes inside clogged gutters. The ice can push against the roof and walls, and increase the threat of mildew or rot.
- Staining. Water that spills over the sides of clogged gutters can discolor exterior siding.
Our service area includes Memphis TN. Germantown, Collierville, Cordova, Bartlett, Arlington, Lakeland, Eads, Millington, Oakland, Olive Branch MS. Southaven, and Horn Lake, MS.